What is a colon?
Colon is part of the large intestine considered to be the longest tube-like that connects to the small intestine at one end and the anus at the other. It draws out water and some nutrients and bacteria from a partially digested food.
Large intestine’s colon meaning in tagalog is what we call bituka. It avoids food left over after the nutrients, bacteria and other waste were collected. According to Cleveland clinic, removing of nutrients, bacteria and/or other wastes eaten by someone will take 36 hours of process, liquid and salt will first be removed from the waste and it passes thoroughly to the colon. Waste itself will directly go through the sigmoid where it should be stored. The waste will directly be dumped to the rectum once a person is doing bowel movement, commonly happens once or twice each day, that’s how the colon function.
What is colon cancer?
Colon cancer in tagalog is kanser sa malaking bituka, it develops when there are tumors grow in the large intestine, it begins with small, non-cancerous clumps of cells (benign), as it progresses over time it becomes colon cancer that may cause death to a person.
What are the possible colon cancer symptoms?
It’s uncertain to determine at an early stage for it doesn’t show any symptoms, to the extent that it will make us think that everything is fine but it does noticeable as it progresses. Colon cancer sintomas ay ang panghihina ng ating katawan at iba pa. Colon cancer symptoms in tagalog is “mga sintomas ng kanser sa malaking bituka”.
The following would help you determine the possible signs of colon cancer and the symptoms of colon cancer, symptoms of colon cancer in female are almost the same as with the men that may include the following:
- diarrhea or constipation
- changes in stool consistency
- loose, narrow stools
- blood in the stool, which may or may not be visible
- abdominal pain, cramping, bloating, or gas
- continual urges to defecate despite passing stools
- weakness and fatigue
- unexplained weight loss
- irritable bowel syndrome
- iron deficiency anemia
Ito ang karaniwang sintomas ng colon cancer, kapag ang colon cancer ay kumalat na sa iba’t ibang bahagi ng katawan at maaari itong magdulot ng iba pang sintomas. Early signs of colon cancer are vague to determine; hence, it progresses as the time goes by.
What are the common known causes of colon cancer?
Doctors are uncertain to what’s the actual causes of most colon cancer at kung saan nakukuha ang colon cancer. However the known risk factors of colon cancer causes are determined to be any of the following:
1. Genetics – Family history, although the reasons are not clear in all cases, inherited genes, shared environmental factors or a combination of these influences may increase your colorectal cancer risks.
2. Lifestyle – includes diets that are high in red and processed meat, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, and inactive lifestyle.
3. Age, Obesity, and previous History of (a) Inflammatory Bowel Disease and (b) Colorectal Cancer of Polyps.
Colon cancer are determined into four (4) types;
Varieties of diseases and conditions that confined with colon, as to what the exact reason it occurs;
- Colorectal Cancer a combination of colon and rectal cancer, a type of a cancer that is most common to cause “death”. It usually occurs either in the colon or lower colon which is near the rectum. Cases of this type of cancer is increasing based on the report of American Cancer Society as they estimated 93, 090 people in United states in 2015 diagnosed with colon cancer. And it usually affects older adults and one age 20 has the possibility to be suffering it forever. Thus, it attacks with no sign of symptoms but it has an early sign of colon cancer. It is important for an individual to have regular examinations or colorectal screening to be aware the status of one’s health.
Moreover, colorectal cancer sometimes doesn’t show any symptoms. Bleeding is considered to be one of early symptoms of colon cancer because tumors often bleed with a small amount of blood, off and on. The only way to know that you have colon cancer is when during testing of the stool. And if in case, tumors are getting bigger, other symptoms may occur.
Based from this reference: There are 5 colon cancer stages or colorectal cancer: stage 0 (zero) and stages I through IV (1 through 4). Each stage has a common way to describe the cancer in order for doctors to find the best treatment plan. Experts determine the stage of the cancer by the combination of these classifications of T, N, and M.
Stage 0: This is called cancer in situ. In the mucosa, the inner lining of the colon or rectum cancer cells can be found.
Stage I: It’s in the mucosa where the cancer has grown and the muscular layer of the colon or rectum has invaded but, it doesn’t spread into the nearby tissue or its lymph nodes (T1 or T2, N0, M0) yet.
Stage IIA: The cancer has grown. However, it has not spread to nearby tissue or to the nearby lymph nodes (T3, N0, M0) yet. Though the cancer now grows through the wall of colon and rectum.
Stage IIB: The cancer has grown, but this time it’s through the layers of the muscle to the lining of the abdomen which we called the visceral peritoneum. Still, it has not spread to the nearby lymph nodes or elsewhere (T4a, N0, M0) yet.
Stage IIC: This time, the tumor has spread through the wall of the colon or rectum, it has grown as well into its nearby structures and yet it has not spread to the nearby lymph nodes or elsewhere (T4b, N0, M0).
Stage IIIA: In this case, the inner lining or the muscle layers of the intestine is where the cancer be seen. It has spread to 1 to 3 lymph nodes or to a nodule of tumor in tissues around the colon or rectum that do not appear to be lymph nodes, luckily it has not spread to other area of the body (T1 or T2, N1 or N1c, M0; or T1, N2a, M0) yet.
Stage IIIB: The bowel wall or to some surrounding organs of where the cancer has grown through, there’s 1 to 3 lymph nodes, a nodule of tumor in tissues around the colon or rectum do not appear to be lymph nodes. It has not spread to other parts of the body (T3 or T4a, N1 or N1c, M0; T2 or T3, N2a, M0; or T1 or T2, N2b, M0).
Stage IIIC: Even if how deep or shallow the cancer of the colon has grown and though it does spread to 4 or more lymph nodes, but some distant parts of the body are not infected yet (T4a, N2a, M0; T3 or T4a, N2b, M0; or T4b, N1 or N2, M0).
Stage IVA: The cancer has spread to a single distant part of the body, such as the liver or lungs (any T, any N, M1a).
Stage IVB: The cancer has spread to more than 1 part of the body (any T, any N, M1b).
Stage IVC: The cancer has spread to the peritoneum. It may also have spread to other parts or organs (any T, any N, M1c).
For more information, kindly click this link and it will provide you an answer of your questions:
(2) Colon Polyps, according to the American Cancer Society colon polyps are not cancerous tumor. This is just an abnormal growth type of tissue on the inner lining of the colon or rectum that are benign. However, there are several cases that it turns to cancer but most of the time it doesn’t. Colon Polyps has several types: Adenomatous, Hyperplastic and Inflammatory polyps. Adenomatous polyps considered being pre-cancerous, hyperplastic polyps and inflammatory polyps are not considered being pre-cancerous although some experts think they have the highest possibility of becoming a colon cancer. Health professionals really do advise to remove polyps in the body to be totally safe.
(3) Colon dysplasia, it’s considered not being cancerous but it has the tendency to change over time. It looks abnormal on the lining of the colon when seen in the microscope, for people who suffered with ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease for a long period of time has the high risk of having dysplasia.
(4) Spastic Colon or so called “irritable bowel syndrome”, it creates spontaneous contractions or loss movement of the muscles in both small and large intestines based from the experts.
Is there colon cancer treatment?
Experts highly suggested to undergo regular screening tests to prevent colon cancer, If you think that you’re healthy because of the lifestyle that you have, still you need to do screening test. Doctors may look for the possible signs of colon cancer since it usually attacks older people age around 50. Treatments usually involves surgery depending on the particular situation, on where it’s located.
Here are other treatments for colon cancer:
1. Surgery for early-stage colon cancer by removing polyps during a colonoscopy
2. Endoscopic mucosal resection
3. Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopic surgery)
4. Surgery for more advanced colon cancer (Partial colectomy)
5. Surgery to create a way for waste to leave your body
6.Lymph node removal
7. Surgery for advanced cancer
8. Radiation therapy
10.Targeted drug therapy
12. Supportive (palliative) care
You can further do a research to widen your idea of the meaning of these treatments, refer to this link:
How to clean a colon?
There’s also a natural way to prevent colon cancer from growing through colon cleansing. Tocoma, is a widely known product that can help cleanse colon organically and in a natural way. it is a natural juice and also a food supplement. It helps cleansing the colon, and it’s considered to be the best colon cleansing food too.
It’s 100% natural, it’s just cheap. It’s only available online, free shipping and Cash On Delivery (COD).
Dapat na magsimula kang matutong magbasa ng mga magazine o di kaya mag research sa internet kung ano ang colon cancer para magkaroon ka ng ideya kung ano ang sanhi at sintomas nito para hangga’t maaga ay maaari mo na itong aksyonan upang upang ito ay mapigilan.